Doctor Conferentiar Universitar . Onufrie (Octavian ) Pop Arhiepiscop Ortodox titular de Bergamo si Mitropolit al Mitropoliei Crestin Ortodoxe de Bergamo și Europa.
Доктор Доцент Онуфрий(Октавян) Поп Православный Архиепископ Бергамский и Митрополит Митрополий Православных Христиан Старого Календаря в Италии
Родился 22-го октября 1956 года в коммуне Родна, жудец Бистрица Нэсэуд, Румыния, родители Симион и Мария, оба православной веры. Среднее образование получил в родном посёлке с 1963-1971;
Associate Professor Onufrie (Octavian) Pop, Orthodox Archbishop of Bergamo and Mitropolitan of Orthodox Christian Mitropoly according of Julian Calendar in Italy.
• Born on October 22, 1956 in the village Rodna, Nasaud Bistrita county, Romania. His parents, Simon and Maria, are Orthodox. He went to school in his native village Rodna, between 1963-1971;
• Between 1971-1973, he continued his studies in the Vocational School for Construction in the city of Dej, Cluj county. He qualified as a plumber for plumbing and gas;
• Between 1973-1974, he worked as a plumber in Mining Operation Rodna;
• Between 1974-1976, he attends the Military School, from Roman, Neamt County (um01386/II); he does not practice it, for health reasons;
• Between 1977-1982, he attends Bucharest Theological Orthodox Seminary and graduates in June 1982 session;
• Between 1982-1986, he attends the Industrial High School „Traian Vuia” from Faget city, county Timis, and graduates in June 1986;
• Between 1986-1988, he follows multiple qualification courses.
• Between 1988-1992, attends the Faculty of Theology „Andrei Saguna” from Sibiu where on July the 1th 1992 he becomes licensed in Pastoral Theology.
• Between 1991-1996, he attends the Faculty of Law „Nicolae Titulescu” in Craiova, Dolj county where on February 1997 he becomes licensed in Legal Sciences;
• Between years 1998-1999, he attends a master of the same faculty and graduates in June 1999, being specialized in Administrative Law; in parallel (1998), he follows the courses of Polytechnic Univesity of Timisoara, and obtains a specialization in Human Resources.
• Between 1999-2001, he receives a PhD in Law at the Institute of Sociology, Philosophy and Law of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, becoming Doctor of Legal Sciences in March 2001;
• Since 1999, he is employed as an assistant at the University of Criminology in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova.
• In 2002, he becomes a Lecturer at the same university and a higher lecturer in 2003. In 2004 he transferres to the State University „A. Russo” of Balti, Faculty of Law, Department of Public Law, where he also currently works as an Associate Professor.
• On the 26th of October 2006, the Council for Certification of the Republic of Moldova, at Balti Senate proposal, grants him the academic title of Associate Professor – specialised in criminology, criminal law and prison law.
• Rich activity in publishing and editorial work, both in the field of religion and of public law, receiving several awards and distinctions.
• In November 2008, the International Academy of UNESCO in Kiev (Ukraine) grants him the title of Corresponding Member, for the academic work developed over the years.
• On the 5th of October 1980, he is ordained Hierodeacon on account of Cocos Monastery, Tulcea county, Romania, by the late Archbishop of Tomis and Lower Danube, Dr Antim Nica.
• On the 6th of November 1982, he was ordained Priest by Archbishop of Arad , Dr Timotei Seviciu, which was at that moment the Assistant Bishop of the Mitropoly of Banat. He was ordained Priest in the Mitropolitan Cathedral in Timisoara, due to the Monastery „St Elijah from the Spring” from Bocsa Vasiova, Caras Severin county, being ordained Syngellos and Confessor of the monastery.
• On the 15th of September 1985, he is transferred to the Monastery „Spring Miron” Romanesti, Timis county and named Abbot of the monastery;
• On the 20th of July 1987, during the Dedication Day of the Monastery ” Miron Spring ” Romanesti, Timis county, he is ordained Protosyngellos by Rev. Dr Nicolae Corneanu, Mitropolitan of Banat;
• On the 1st of December 1995, at his request, he is transfered in the Archdiocese of Targoviste, Dambovita county, Romania; he is named Chaplain Priest of the Juvenile Rehabilitation Center, Gaesti. Here, he develops rich socio-educational and moral-religious activities and builts a church dedicated to St. John Chrysostom, consecrated by the late Archbishop Dr Vasile Costin of Targoviste, on the 13th of November 1997. On this occasion he is awarded the Patriarchal Cross by Teoctist Arapasu, Patriarch of the Romanian Orthodox Church.
• Staring from the 1st of April 2006, he moves under the jurisdiction of the Patriarchate of Kiev for personal reasons, under the oversight of Bishop of Eastern Moldova, Rev. Filaret Pancu. Two months later (June), he is appointed as Missionary Priest for the European Community, then Administrative Assistant and Exarch of the diocese throughout the European Community, setting up residence in Turin in Italy. In the day of the Feast of the Resurrection in 2007, he rose to the rank of Archimandrite Mitrofor, receiving the second ’Cross with Stones’.
• On the 15th of June 2008, he receives on request the blessing to go out of the diocese of Moldova, settling in the Orthodox Mitropoly of Milan and Aquileia, which is based in Milan, Italy
• On the 20th of June 2008, he is elected Assistant Bishop by the Holy Synod. On the 29th of June 2008 he is ordained Bishop by the Primate Mitropolitan Evloghie and the members of the Holy Synod, who served the Holy Liturgy in St. Nicholas Church in Milan, Italy.
• On the 31st of August 2008, he is adanced to the rank of Titular Archbishop of Bergamo and Vercelli and appointed Exarch for Eastern Europe. On the 1st of September 2009, the Holy Synod changed his name to Archbishop of Sondrio residing in Bergamo (Citta Alta).
• On the 21st of April/4th of May 2012, he is appointed Archbishop of Bergamo and Mitropolitan of the new ” Autonomous Orthodox Christian Mitropoly according to the Julian Calendar in Italy” based in Bergamo, following the withdrawal of Mitropolitan Evloghie on April 8 2012 from the position of Mitropolitan of Milan and Aquileia Mitropoly based in Milan. He becomes the first „Locum Tenens” under Protocol number 7 of May 4, 2012 issued by Mitropolitan John from America.
•On the 1st of June 2012, the Holy Synod of the new Mitropoly elected Rev. Onufrie as head of the Mitropoly being established in new position at the Monastery „Holy Trinity” of Chernivtsi – Ukraine.
After just three months, he receives full autonomy for the Christian Orthodox Mitropoly according to the Julian Calendar in Italy, according to the Protocol number 10 of 14/27 august 2012.
Dottore Conferenziario Universitario Onufrie (Octavian ) Pop Archiepiscopo Ortodosso titolare di Bergamo e Metropolita della Metropolia Cristiana Ortodossa secondo il Vecchio Calendario in Italia.